Elmhurst/Yorkfield Food Pantry
The purpose of the is for the charitable distribution of food for the relief of hunger to our neighbors in need residing in the communities surrounding us, including Elmhurst, Addison, Bensenville, Berkeley, Hillside, Lombard, Oak Brook and Villa Park.
The Elmhurst-Yorkfield Food Pantry (EYFP) was started in 1983 by concerned people at Yorkfield Presbyterian Church who saw a need to help hungry people in their own backyard. It started in a walk-in closet at Yorkfield Presbyterian Church as an infrequently used resource serving approximately 25 people each week at that time. It has grown continuously, moving to the basement of the “cottage” facility at 1083 S. York Road in 1998. In 2012, the organization moved to re-incorporate as an independent not-for-profit in the State of Illinois.